One of my favorite Booktubers The Farah Project created a tag where she built it around news pieces from throughout the year. I loved the idea so much that I decided to give it a shot. I tag any book bloggers that would like to answer these.
1. A book series you love: German ex-nurse Niels Högel admits in court to killing over 100 patients, making him one of the world’s worst serial killers.
The Great Coats Series quickly became one of my absolute favorite series of all time. It’s not just a great fantasy but the humor in these books made it some of the best books I’ve read in a long time.
2. An underrated book you want more people to read: Archaeologists uncover more than 300 gold coins from the late imperial period from a theatre in Como, Italy.
The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell. It’s been on Book blogs, and Booktube, but I don’t see people really talking about it, and I absolutely loved this book. I jumped right into the second one.
3. A book that didn’t meet your expectations: Sweden’s official Twitter account confirms Swedish meatballs actually originated in Turkey.
Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl. I loved her adult book Night Film, and I thought she could do no wrong, but I HATED THIS BOOK. I think the way she uses suicide as a plot device is fucking awful.
4. Most anticipated book buy: Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo joins Italian champions Juventus in a deal worth £99.2m, becoming one of the four most expensive players of all time.
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab. I really just love everything she has written. Also Vengeful but I haven’t gotten a chance to read it yet.
5. Favorite character pairing: American actress Meghan Markle marries Prince Harry at a ceremony in Windsor Castle, making her a member of the British royal family.
Gotta be honest, I don’t care about pairings in books. It’s never been a component of a story that I am overly invested in. So much so that I can’t think of a single one that matters to me. LOL
6. A book that surprised you: Banksy work “Girl With Balloon” automatically shreds moments after being sold for 1 million pounds in London, re-named “Love is in the Bin”.
The Cruel Prince. I went in thinking it would be a typical YA where I would end up rolling my eyes every other page and DNFing it, and I came out really loving it.
7. A book with a beautiful cover: Twelve camels disqualified from the King Abdulaziz Camel beauty contest in Saudi Arabia after their owners used botox on their lips.
Children of Blood and Bone! Hands Down!!
8. A book you flew through: Kenyan marathon runner Eliud Kipchoge named UN Person of the Year for setting a new marathon world record.
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo!! So absolutely incredible!!
9. A book that took you the longest time to read: World’s new longest flight flies from Singapore to Newark Airport, New Jersey takes 17 hours 52 mins.
War and Peace. Not only isn’t a massive book, it’s also a book that did not age well, it’s gossip girl with men in Russia in the 1800’s, and it was just BORING.
10. Book of the year: Liverpool and Egyptian forward Mohamed Salah is named African Football Player of the Year.
The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi!! An amazing Sci-Fi that I read in a day!! I have to read the second book!!